Pork. I love it. Mr. Pumpkin loves it. Pork. Beans are great too.
This is a spicy pork and beans that will rock your world.
- 2.5 lb pork sirloin roast
- lardons of bacon or salt pork, about 1/2 lb
- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 small can chipotle in adobo
- 1 packet tacos al pastor
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bag of dry navy beans
- 1 box stock (beef or chicken, doesn’t matter)
- water to cover
- 1 tablespoon masa harina
In a crockpot, add all the stuff but the masa harina. Set it on low. Leave for work.
Get home from work.
Have a margarita your husband makes you.
Pull the pork roast out of the crockpot, set aside.
If the beans are too liquidy, put them into a skillet and reduce on the stove. If you reduce it on the stove you can add the masa harina here. If it’s already thick in the crockpot, leave it alone.
Serve it in a bowl with a scoop of rice on one side, the beans on the other and pork on the top.
Drink beer. Eat it.